Sunday, December 30, 2012
Friday, December 28, 2012
1. I was (and still am) obsessed with those sweet baby feet and tooshie. There’s really nothing sweeter to me than Landon’s tiny hands and feet..I hope I never forget how sweet they were.
4. Blue eyes. I always hoped for a blue eyed baby…and there they are. I love when the light hits them just right and I am able to get shots like this.
6. My little fish. We were frequent pool-goers after John got home from work during the summer. While we couldn’t take my fair skinned baby out during the hot summer days, we did go in the evening. Lets just discuss how much Landon loved the water? I cannot wait for next summer to hopefully see him jumping off the ledge and loving it even more. I also love his facial expression in this shot…he loves his daddy so so much. Can we also notice that sweet little belly button poking out? Love.
7. This image is especially special since it was the one we used on his first birthday party invitation! We were just sitting in our front yard enjoying a pretty fall day waiting on John to get home from work. I loved those afternoons, just watching the world go by.
8. There is an old abandoned lot across the street from where we live and everyday on my way home from work I would think about how it could potentially be a great place for pictures. Boy was I right. Hello bokeh. And hello cutie-patootie winter overall baby!
10. This one is for John, we were out at my favorite location again taking a couple family pictures for our Christmas card, and we managed to get these two to not only be still, but look at the camera at the same time. Talk about luck. That dog is never still…and neither is the baby. This was the day Landon took his first steps. Those two will be inseparable I am sure…there’s just something about a boy and his dog.
11. My birthday boy. Oh how my heart aches that he is already one year old! The red chair was John’s grandfather, so there is sentimental attachment to these pictures.
12. My Christmas baby. With the slew of Christmas light pictures that took over Facebook and Pinterest, I gave it a shot, and my heart melted. It’s so funny I got this ONE shot out of about 30. Landon at first screamed when I set him down with the lights, then after he warmed up to them, I couldn’t keep him still. He also found my camera more fascinating than the lights and would crawl towards the camera rather than sit and look like a little model baby. I love how this one turned out…and really love that little belly even more.
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Please tell me I didn’t just type that as the title to this post. It really cannot be December 18, 2012 yet. Oh sweet boy, how you have changed your momma over the past year- I don’t know that I can summarize it into words at all. You have completely turned my little world upside down since you came into the world. Here we are, celebrating your first birthday, and I am just so incredibly proud to be your momma.
At twelve months, you weigh 19lbs 6oz and are 29 inches long. You wear mostly 9-12 month clothing, are moving up to size 4 diapers, and size 4 shoes.
Your sleep habits have changed over the past month, and are really much more unpredictable. We still aim for bedtime around 8:30, but sometimes its 9:30 before you are ready to settle down. You also cry when we put you down, where as you used to fall asleep without a peep. You still sleep until 8 or so in the morning thank goodness. Once or twice a week you wake up in the middle of the night, and we bring you in to snuggle. You fall back a sleep within 15 minutes or so and we sneak you back into your crib. While I hate waking up at 3 am, I love the snuggles as you are not much of a snuggle bug any more, there’s always something to do or see or mess with. Your naps are also pretty crazy. Some days you take two shorter naps, some days its one big long nap, some days its only one shorts nap (those days aren’t fun).
Your favorite foods are cheese toast, chicken, peaches, mandarin oranges, sweet potatoes, and macaroni and cheese. You semi- eat green beans, but they really are the only veggie I can get you to eat besides potatoes. Its a work in progress. I still feed you pureed veggies because you will gobble them up and so its a way to keep some good foods in you. You love the plum organic pouches, which is a good way to get something green in you! You are officially finished with formula (hallelujah!) and doing great with whole milk. We are so so SO happy about that one! You also only use the bottle maybe once a day, and we use sippy cups the rest of the time. You still find those bottles soothing though, so we’ll work on that.
Speaking of soothing…you and that pacifier. Which seems to be your best friend. We’ll have to work on that also.
And speaking of best friends…you and Josie. You love that dog more than anything and get SO excited when we get home to see her. You crawl after her and pat her and really just love that dog like its nobody’s business. The feeling isn’t that mutual, but Josie is so patient with you and lets you do pretty much whatever you want to her.
You took your first steps on December 9th. And I’m pretty sure your daddy and I were about to cry like little babies when we watched you. You’re still not great at it, but you have taken up to six steps at a time! Most of the time you stand and wobble and get ready to take the step and then fall down. You’ll get there sweet boy! We are just waiting on pins and needles to watch you go. :)
Toy wise- you love your books and walker, you also love any cars or trucks or anything that you can wheel around. One day, you found an ornament on the tree that is a little truck, took it off, and wheeled it around on the floor all afternoon. Recently you also love blocks. You take them in and out of the container and just love making a mess with the blocks. You still love playing in the tupperware cabinet, pantry, and laundry basket and I feel like I am constantly picking up those three things and trying to keep the messes to a minimum. Laundry baskets are a great toy for you…I might just put it under the Christmas tree, its much cheaper than all those nice toys you don’t play with (just kidding..).
This month you celebrated your first Thanksgiving, went to get your first Christmas tree, and of course, celebrated your first birthday. What a busy holiday season!
You are the sweetest baby in the world, we’ve decided. So happy, all the time, so easy, and so content (I hope you stay like that forever!). We are so blessed to be your parents.
Monday, December 17, 2012
You may notice a few changes going on around here.
Beautiful Within Life has now become Everyday Graces.
I started this sweet little blog over four years ago, and well..it was just time for a change. I’m a different girl then I was then and wanted something that reflected where I am now as a wife, mommy, nurse, and every other title I may hold.
Thanks to Angie and her amazing talents, my little corner of the blog world got a facelift as a Christmas present! Like what you see? You can check out Angie’s awesome blogger templates over at her Etsy shop, Angie Makes Websites. She has GORGEOUS stuff, and is so great to work with! I cannot thank her enough for her quick and great work.
So… why “everyday graces?”
Well, why not?! I have learned over the past couple years how sweet this little life is that I have, how God blesses me each and everyday with His graces…and I want this blog to be a reflection of that. I want to blog about the small moments, and the big, but recognize that they are all His sweet graces that He gives me each and everyday.
A couple years ago I felt like God was teaching me what it really meant to love…and let me tell you, He rocked my world with that one and taught me more than I ever thought I could. Now…I feel like He’s doing some work in my heart and word that I keep running into is grace.
So there you have it, my little corner of the internet has turned a corner!
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Saturday, December 15, 2012
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
This week we are busy as ever planning our little guys very first birthday party. But this week also marks another very sweet birthday in my family. December 12, 2012 is the day my grandfather turns ninety years old. The past year has proved to be a very difficult one for my grandfather, and I am realizing how very special it is to have him here this Christmas season, and what a huge milestone #90 really is.
Roughly a year ago, my grandfather went in for quadruple bypass surgery. The doctors warned us that he was a weak old man and he may not survive open heart surgery, but he did. A few months later he continued to have low blood pressure and weakness, and they realized he needed a pacemaker placed. Through all of this he developed dementia, and began having some pretty strong hallucinations, until a month ago, when my mom and her sister made the difficult decision to move him into skilled nursing facility to keep him safe. My heart broke for both my grandfather and my grandmother as they went through that huge transition. He was moving away from the house he built with his own two hands, and she was living alone for the first time in sixty plus years. It was such a difficult transition for them to make.
And here we are, December 2012. Celebrating this miracle man’s 90th birthday.
Happy 90th Dandy!