Landon has really taken an interest in books in the past few months. It’s not uncommon for him to bring a stack of books to our laps each evening and ask us to “wead it,” over and over and over again. To remember some of his favorites at this age, I figured I’d do a quick post and share some of those that are getting read on a regular basis. If you have suggestions or favorites please share!
1. Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site | A little boy must have. This one is probably Landon’s absolute favorite. He loves reading about the cranes and excavators and dump trucks. I love the way it flows and rhymes and the illustrations are really nice.
2. Duck and Goose Find a Pumpkin | The whole Duck and Goose series is absolutely adorable. I originally bought a Duck and Goose book for Landon because I thought they were so cute, but they’ve quickly won a spot in on our favorite list. Landon practically has this one memorized it and “reads” it with us!
3. Steam Train Dream Train | Written by the same author that wrote Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site, any train loving boy will love this book. Its an almost nightly read!
4. The Very Hungry Caterpillar | I love this one because it encourages counting, I think Landon loves it because he names all the fruits the caterpillar eats, specifically his favorite strawberries.
5. Cars Mini Book Box Set | Anything with McQueen and Mater are winners in our house- Landon loves carrying around these little books and they make for quick easy reads. They’re also board books which make them fairly indestructible, always a good thing with a toddler!
6. Where the Wild Things Are | I’ve been trying to introduce some classics to Landon, and this one is no exception- I love the story, and Landon loves the pictures… “I’ll eat you up, I love you so!”
7. The Little Blue Truck | Another great little boy read- trucks, animals, and mud!