Friday, February 19, 2016

Avery Kate | 3 Months



Here we are again. Another monthly milestone for our sweet doodle bug who is currently taking her first legitimate nap in her crib. Three months old.


The past four weeks have been challenging, but really sweet at the same time. I think that's just life with a baby, or kids in general. The days are full of highs and lows, giggles and tears, joy and frustration all at the same time. Being a parent, its the biggest challenge and the biggest blessing in the world. Everyday Avery has more and more personality. She's serious, and always has a furrowed brow when she's looking at things and taking in her world around her. But then she'll lock eyes with you and the biggest sweetest grin in the world will come across her little face. Her eyes squint and her cheeks get puffy and it completely makes me melt every time.


Avery weighs 12 pounds 1 oz. She is in size one diapers and 0-3 mo clothes. Some 3-6 month outfits but they're still kind of big on her, but she's officially in 3-6 mo sleepers. She has chunky little thighs that I could kiss all day long and the bluest eyes ever. I'm hoping they stay blue just like her brother's. I never dreamed I'd have blue eyed babies, but I love it!

She still nurses every 2-3 hours, and is taking 4-5 ounce bottles when she's not with me.  She's consistently inconsistent with her sleep still. She's napping better during the day and seems to have a couple short 30 minute to 1 hour naps, and then one long 2-3 hour siesta in the afternoon. Nights are always a challenge. One week she will sleep great and go 6 hours at night, and then we go through a stretch of her waking up every 3 hours like clock work (which we're currently experiencing). Maybe its her three month growth spurt? Who knows. If there's anything I've learned having two babies, its that no two weeks are the same. They are always changing, always growing, and always keeping me on my toes. Just when you think you've got something figured out a growth spurt happens, or she figures out something new and we're back at square one. We're just trying our hardest to be consistent with her and get her in bed early so she can learn to sleep longer stretches. I've thought about moving her from our room into her own room, but just don't have the guts to do it yet. I'm afraid the first night I do, I'll climb the stairs 40 times and not get any sleep. I've considered camping out in her room if I need to to get her used to her crib, and I've also considered moving her crib into our room so she's at least not sleeping in the swing anymore. Selfish, I know. We'll get there eventually!


Avery loves bath time, the lights on her play mat, her brother, and her swing. She is getting better with tummy time. She likes to be held, but isn't much of a smuggler if that makes any sense. She likes to be carried facing out so she can see whats going on. She still fights sleep, but we're getting a lot better and she's finally taking the pacifier better. Swaddling, swinging, and the pacifier seem to be her trick 75% of the time. The other 25% we're still clueless and have no clue what she wants. We've  tried gas drops, colic drops, gripe water, and reflux medicine and nothing seems to be the magic trick...so we'll just continue to fly by the seat of our pants and figure her out day by day. :)


I love nothing more than seeing this sweet girl grow and change and her sweet personality come through more and more each day. I remind myself daily to soak it in, love every ounce of her and hold onto each day because they are going by so incredibly fast. They already are!

We love you sweet Avery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.